Saturday, October 01, 2005

Christy

Most of your probably already know that this is NOT Christy. This is Regina from Mean Girls. However, I think this picture is most appropriate.

Christy decided she wanted to be my friend after she saw me sing my version of Rubber Duckie at the high school talent show. She came up to me and said "Your song was awesome - we're gonna be friends." Okay, maybe that's not exactly what she said, but that was the gist of it. So we started hanging out. Her friends becane my friends, at the expense of some of my other friends. I spent the night at her house all the time. We went to Prom in the same group - Christy and I were best friends, Christy was dating Joe, Joe and Trent were best friends, I went with Trent. Still with me? Christy and I and all of my new friends hung out all summer. It was so much fun - we did all the fun things that non-drinking high school kids in the suburbs do, and I still say the time I was friends with those folks was one of the most fun times I've had.

Then, at the start of the new school year, EVERYTHING CHANGED (melodramatic, yes, but true). I called Christy after the first day of school to ask her how her day was, and she totally blew me off. We barely talked all week, and then, when I met up with her at a football game, she said hi to me and that was it. Thus ended our friendship. We literally never talked again. She stayed friends with all my new friends and they all ditched me. It really, really sucked.

Years later I found out that Christy had become a lesbian; when I told my mom this, she said, "Oh Amanda, you were Christy's girlfriend." Think about it. She went out of her way to befriend me, she made me mix tapes and jewelry, we spent basically every waking minute together for about four months, and then she dumped me.

Christy - D- (I give her some points, because I can now say "Did I ever tell you about my high school girlfriend?)

1 comment:

equippedtofascinate said...

How cute, your first lesbian experience. Sorry it didn't work out.