Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Spartan Brand

I'm a grocery snob. I like my groceries to come in pretty boxes and be slightly expensive so that I feel I'm getting something good. However, now that I'm living on a budget, sometimes I have to scrimp a little, so on my last grocery store trip, I bought Spartan brand cereal. I don't know how wide-reaching Spartan brand is, so let me tell those of you out of Spartan's range that it's basically a generic brand with a label. It's cheap food in cheap packaging. It's Trader Joe's redneck cousin. With that said, Busch's, my neighborhood grocery store, was selling Spartan cereal at 4 for $5. We eat a lot of cereal in this house, so I decided to go for it, and picked out one box of each of the following: honey toasted o's, bran flakes, raisin bran and frosted shredded wheat. We started with the raisin bran... and it's okay! It tastes like raisin bran! I wrongfully judged you, Spartan brand, and I'm sorry. I still don't know if I'll make the switch to becoming a Spartan shopper, but I'll keep it in mind.

Spartan brand - B+

1 comment:

Dustin Harder said...

ooooh...cereal is okay. Just dont let your guard down when it comes to other products. But yeah! Good for you on taking the risk. Sometimes you can find a great deal! Any Ramen lately?