Monday, October 10, 2005

Kelly Clarkson "Because of You" Video

As most of you know, I love me some Kelly Clarkson, but this video is a no-go. First of all, I do NOT like blonde Kelly - why does everyone have to be blonde? I loved her with the streaky blonde/brunette thing she had going for so long. Also, I feel like I've seen this video before, a few times. There always seems to be a video with a singer doing some thing with an "inner child," and Kelly totally went for it through the magic of mirror morphology. Finally, the whole lyrical tie-in was a little vague. Kelly sings "Because of you, I never stray too far from the sidewalk, because of you I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt," but in the video, she could be talking about her bad husband or her bad daddy. Now I'm confused - who is it, Kell?

I love this song - it's one of the ones I mentioned in my much earlier post about Kelly's Breakaway album, and the video doesn't detract from the goodness of the song. Taken independently, however (and we all know that Kelly is MISS Independent), the video just doesn't stack up.

"Because of You" video - B-

4 comments:

Chargenda said...

You're not a player, you just post a lot...

Noah said...

None of her videos are good. Someone please get this woman a decent video!! Kelly deserves better.

equippedtofascinate said...

Rumor has it I may be directing her next video. Nothing is for sure yet, but there's been some talk...I wish my life was more interesting and that comment was true.

Dustin Harder said...

Awww-poor Miss Independent. I havent seen this video yet. But i'm sure i would agree. I had some problems with the "behind those hazel eyes" video. I mean, seriously, what was happening there? HOWEVER-I have to disagree with Dillian's comment. they dont ALL suck, I thought her tearin the shit out of her ex boyfriends place in "since you been gone" excellent. But when i really think about it-tear8ing her ex's place apart really doesnt fit the song...does it?