Thursday, December 29, 2005

Oscar Predictions

Like my friend Charlie, I love the Oscars. I spend lots of time thinking about my predictions, and even more time trying to see all the nominated movies. But, unlike Charlie, I just pick six I think will be nominated - no top five and runners-up. Also, I know so little about the screenplay categories, I'm just going to leave them out this time, but they'll be in my updated predictions that will come out right before the nominations.

I love the Oscars. I love all awards shows, but the Oscars especially. I can't wait!



BEST PICTURE
Walk the Line
Brokeback Mountain
Munich
Good Night and Good Luck
A History of Violence
Crash

BEST DIRECTOR
Ang Lee - Brokeback Mountain
Steven Spielberg - Munich
George Clooney - Good Night and Good Luck
Paul Haggis - Crash
David Cronenberg - A History of Violence
Fernando Meirelles - The Constant Gardener

BEST ACTOR
Philip Seymour Hoffman - Capote
Joaquin Phoenix - Walk the Line
Heath Ledger - Brokeback Mountain
David Strathairn - Good Night and Good Luck
Terrence Howard - Hustle and Flow
Jeff Daniels - The Squid and the Whale

BEST ACTRESS
Reese Witherspoon - Walk the Line
Felicity Huffman - Transamerica
Judi Dench - Mrs. Henderson Presents
Laura Linney - The Squid and the Whale
Charlize Theron - North Country
Keira Knightley - Pride and Prejudice

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Matt Dillon - Crash
Jake Gyllenhaal - Brokeback Mountain
George Clooney - Syriana
Bob Hoskins - Mrs. Henderson Presents
Don Cheadle - Crash
William Hurt - A History of Violence

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Michelle Williams - Brokeback Mountain
Catherine Keener - Capote
Rachel Weisz - The Constant Gardener
Amy Adams - Junebug
Scarlett Johannson - Match Point
Maria Bello - A History of Violence

Oscars - A
my predictions - B+ (I'm excited, but you probably don't care!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU! :(

<3 MC

Chargenda said...

hey, so, is the sixth one your runner up?

Dustin Harder said...

um, i could care less about these bloody awards. But last year we did the thing where everybody fills out the sheet of who they think is gonna win and I was in second place! I surprised myself even!

amanda said...

No, I pick six and say "five of these six will get the noms."

Chargenda said...

five of these six? That is so lame! I hate that way...