Saturday, December 24, 2005

Cousins, Part One

Even though a bunch of my cousins live in Oklahoma, I almost never get to see them, so it was super fun when Tom, Kathy, Dia, Chauncey, and Chauncey's wife Jennifer came over to eat dinner and hang out last night (if you're reading this, you guys, welcome to the neighborhood!). That's Dia, my brother Pat, and Chauncey in the picture with me. There was a kid's table for everyone under 35, and since we outnumbered the grownups, they ate at the little table in the kitchen. After some delicious potato soup, we moved into the living room where Tom and Chauncey told the most incredible stories about their adventures in moving from Utah to Oklahoma and a "fishing trip"to Canada. As most of you know, I love a good story, and I can honestly say that these two stories have catapulted to the top of my "best stories ever" list - two of the top five now belong to my cousins. Way to go, guys! Unfortunately, I will never be able to retell them - there was just way too much nuance and comedic timing. You'll just have to take my word for it that these guys can tell a mean story... and would probably win if they ever went on The Amazing Race.

cousin time - B+ (if only I could retell those stories!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are having a great Christmas break so far! Have a Merry Christmas tomorrow!

paultoes said...

amanda (my love), how long are your brother's pants nowadays?

amanda said...

Paul, I unfortunately do not remember the even to which you are now referring. Help me out.

equippedtofascinate said...

Enjoy time with the family. Merry Christmas.