Saturday, December 31, 2005

Fever Pitch

LOVED it! I think Drew Barrymore is the key to a successful romantic comedy, and I have a huge crush an Jimmy Fallon. This movie had all the tried-and-true elements of good rom-coms: mismatched lovers, goofy friends, a big fight, and a great makeup, but it also had the fun addition of the crazy Red Sox fan. Fever Pitch made me want to be a baseball fan, and I can't stand baseball, so that must mean it was good! Also, knowing some extra stuff about this movie made it even more fun - did you know that they had to rewrite the ending of the movie because the Red Sox actually won? I don't know how it was supposed to end, but the Farrelly brothers had to change it at the last minute after the American League championship series when Boston actually came back from 3-0 to win 4-3. It's kind of magical that they were making this movie about the Red Sox, who hadn't won a World Series in such a long time, and that year, while they were filming, ths Sox made this terrific comeback and won. Mad props to the Sox. See this movie!

Fever Pitch - A-

3 comments:

equippedtofascinate said...

I LOVED this movie. The funny thing is that everyone involved with making the movie was scared they would be blamed if the sox lost again because sox fans are really superstitious. lucky for them, they won.

Dustin Harder said...

Yeah, I dug this movie. I watched it with my tour manager in Phoenix last year and then It was on the plane on my way back from Hawaii-loved it both times. Drew is so cute, and her friends are way fun.

Anonymous said...

I loved this movie too! Some of the celebratory film at the end of the movie is actual film from when they won. How awesome It must have been to have been a part of that while making the movie!