Monday, December 05, 2005

Animatronic Preemies

Years of watching ER coupled with the last two weeks of Grey's Anatomy have taught me something: the animatronic guys still need a little work on premature babies. When I look at that baby in the picture, I don't think "oh, sad little preemie." No, I think "mildly creepy baby-esque hunk of plastic." I'm not personally acquainted with any premature babies, but to me, the ones we see in TV shows always look fake. Step it up a little, folks, 'cause you know we can't use real premature babies.
However, I have to say that the likeness of that Sharpie marker is dead on!

Animatronic Premature Babies - C+

4 comments:

Sarah J. Morton said...

I will post a pic of a real preemie.

paultoes said...

they can't just use a real preemie?
why not?

equippedtofascinate said...

i heard once that those fake babies cost over $10,000 to make. All the internal wires and stuff to make them move. I don't know if that's really true though. Maybe they can't budget better ones into their shows...oh wait, they probably could.

Dustin Harder said...

Have I ever said anything bad about your lee press on's girl?