Monday, December 05, 2005

Animatronic Preemies

Years of watching ER coupled with the last two weeks of Grey's Anatomy have taught me something: the animatronic guys still need a little work on premature babies. When I look at that baby in the picture, I don't think "oh, sad little preemie." No, I think "mildly creepy baby-esque hunk of plastic." I'm not personally acquainted with any premature babies, but to me, the ones we see in TV shows always look fake. Step it up a little, folks, 'cause you know we can't use real premature babies.
However, I have to say that the likeness of that Sharpie marker is dead on!

Animatronic Premature Babies - C+

5 comments:

szarqahe said...

I will post a pic of a real preemie.

paultoes said...

they can't just use a real preemie?
why not?

equippedtofascinate said...

i heard once that those fake babies cost over $10,000 to make. All the internal wires and stuff to make them move. I don't know if that's really true though. Maybe they can't budget better ones into their shows...oh wait, they probably could.

elisepeterson said...

yeah, they are totally inaccurate. they span from those cpr classes!!! that is what the fake babies are. youjust saw a glimpse of what i do at work, acutally your 'real preemie' looks very, very healthy and good. the reason you can't use a real preemie to portray it on tv is because usually they have breathing tubes in (intubated) and have tons of stuck hooked up to them or are in incubators for warmth, etc. and can't be moved. also. low stimulation is best for these little guys since they should be in the womb. so don't put them on tv.

Dustin J. Harder said...

Have I ever said anything bad about your lee press on's girl?