Friday, July 07, 2006

The State of My Nails

I need a manicure. Actually, I just need a polish change. No, now that I look at them a little more closely, I need a little work on my cuticles and nail beds, too.
When I had few expenses, and no real bills like rent or electricity, I would get a manicure every week. I had lovely nails. Also, all I was doing was desk work, nothing that would wreck my nails. Now, since I make popcorn to pay my rent, my nails aren't as nice, and I can't afford to get them done every week. I would if I could. I used to have really nasty nails, all ragged and bitten, and now that I've gotten my act together and I don't have crazy pianist nails, I can't keep them nice for long. Sad.
I've always wanted to get a crazy manicure, like one of the ones pictured here. Airbrushing or jewels would be super cool. Someday...

manicures - B+

3 comments:

mama kay said...

Oh Amanda, I am so with you - back in the day BK (before kids) I had great nails, it was my one vanity. I always made sure that the nails were good. Now, yeah - lets just say they don't look *oh so pretty* anymore ... Hope you can splurge some time soon!

Helga's Papa said...

Do you want the "Cottonwood" on Friday November 24? This is Helga's favorite spa in Edmond. Could be an early Christmas present.

amandarama said...

Um, yes, please!