Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fundraising for Friends

















Wow, this picture is bigger than I thought it would be.

So, as most of you know, I'm walking in the Breast Cancer 3-Day in about sx weeks. So far, I've raised over four thousand dollars, which will go to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Breast Cancer Trust. I'm golden. I don't need to raise any more money.
But, some of my teammates do. See, the thing about the 3-Day is that every walker is required to raise a minimum of $2200 - and if you don't raise that much, you have to pay the difference. That seems a little shady to me - you'd think that someone who did the best they could with fundraising but could only get up to $1700 shouldn't have to fork over five hundred bucks of their own.
I know I'm preaching to the choir, since almost all of my faithful readers have donated money to me and this amazing cause (thanks again!), but if you haven't, please consider donating to another member of my team, the Bodacious Tatas. There are a few ladies who haven't even cracked the $1000 mark, and this walk is coming up fast. If you have breasts, love breasts, or like to poke breasts because they're so silly, then donate!

Click here for my 3-Day page, then click on "My Team Page" to find my teammates

donating money to a really good cause - A+


No comments: