Thursday, September 15, 2005

Nutritious Living Hi-Lo

If you're looking for very cheap, very nutritious cereal, then Nutritious Living Hi-Lo is what you want. If you're looking for tasty... look elsewhere. This cereal is nasty, the nastiest I've ever had, and was not improved in the slightest by fresh sliced strawberries (don't be fooled by the box - no blueberries). The texture and the taste are just awful, and even paying $1.99 at Trader Joe's doesn't persuade me to buy it again.

Hi-Lo - D-

2 comments:

lisa said...

Maybe those flakes are made out of cardboard. I hear it's a grewat source of fiber! ;)

Anonymous said...

I too was once lured in by the low, low price at Trader Joe's and, as a real cereal aficionado, was sorely disappointed. I don't think it's cardboard because it did taste more fiber-y than that. Maybe it's made of tweed, because it tasted about as good as an old coat.