Monday, September 19, 2005

Emmy Awards

I am so, so happy that Felicity Huffman won an Emmy last night. So happy. I feel like the Emmys are becoming more respectable when they start giving awards to people who are actually good actors. And wasn't her acceptance speech adorable? Oh, I am so happy.

Unfortunately, my joy has been lessened a little by two things. First, Everybody Loves Raymond - why? It's funny, I guess, but I don't think deserving of acting and best comedy Emmys. It's tired. That's why it's not on the air anymore - not because Ray Romano wanted to go out "at the top of his game." Secondly, how is it possible that Project Runway did not win for Best Reality series? The Amazing Race is good, for sure, but PR was fresh and innovative and cutthroat and just a damn good show. Maybe next year, Project Runway.

57th Annual Emmy Awards - A-

6 comments:

lisa said...

Oh, I don't know, Amazing Race is pretty awesome! I was glad that Felicity Huffman won, too. And her dress was beautiful! I didn't get to see much; we were flipping back and forth between this and the Chiefs game!

Anonymous said...

Patrick and I actually cheered out loud and half-jumped off the couch when Felicity won--- it's like having a family member win!! I also told him to start practicing endearing ways to thank me in his acceptance speeches... for the future... ;)

Anonymous said...

Amazing Race WAS pretty aweomse- and still is pretty great- but season 7 was very irritating at times (see Jonathan and Victoria) and the upcoming 'family' edition looks simply dreadful. Project Runway was unbelieveably amazing- I'm a huge reality TV fan and I might go as far as to say that it was my favorite reality tv show of all time (so far). I really hope season 2 lives up to season 1. But did I ever think it was going to win the emmy? No. The amazing race has won it since the inception of the award and will continue to win the award until it is cancelled. I fell like the award itself isn't really acknowledged or appreciated by the academy, so they simply give it to the show they've heard is better than others, aka, the amazing race.

Go Felicity Huffman. You rock it so hard. What a wonderful surprise.

Dustin Harder said...

um....i just wanna say-yes, "Everybody loves Ramond" WHY? and second to that , a general announcement, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES SECOND SEASON PREMIERES SUNDAY THE 25TH! GET READY!

Chargenda said...

I was bored out of my gourd during the show. Grade: C-

Noah said...

America's Next Top Model was robbed.