Sunday, September 11, 2005

Angelo's



I had brunch yesterday at Angelo's, on the corner of Catherine and Glen, right by the med school library in Ann Arbor. It was nice to be away from the downtown area, especially on a home football game Saturday (I'll be writing about that soon). Angelo's is definitely not within walking distance of my apartment, but sometimes, that's a good thing. I ordered typical breakfast fare, eggs and bacon with toast and potatoes. The eggs were quite good - the right amount of runny for over-medium. The bacon was also the right amount of crispy vs. chewy, and the breakfast potatoes were pretty tasty. The toast, however, was crazy. I got four pieces of toast, two wheat and two chewy white/sourdough conglomerations, and it was a little outrageous. Prices were reasonable, considering that Nate got the "special breakfast" with forty-three varieties of meat.

The best part of brunch was seeing all the friends I hadn't seen in over a year... aww! It was during brunch that my friend Shannon referred to my blog as "blog sorbet - all light and fluffy." I'll take that as a compliment.

Angelo's - B+

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, two of those pieces of toast were mine- typical.

Dustin Harder said...

seriously? forty three varieties of meat?

Anonymous said...

Blog sorbet was definitely meant as a compliment...