Monday, April 24, 2006

What Can Brown Do For You?

Not much.

UPS has tried to deliver a package to me for several days now, and I'm never home when they come to my door. Yes, that's annoying - am I supposed to sit around and wait? - but it's not the worst part. UPS has decided that an adult must sign for this package. Now, the package is coming from my dad, and I know it doesn't have anything naughty or dangerous in it, and he certainly didn't say I needed to sign for it, so why did UPS decide it needed to be signed for? Why can't they just leave it outside my door? I even left them a note that said it was OK if they just left it, and signed it officially and everything, and they still didn't leave it. So today, I called to try to track down my package, and it was still in the truck, so I couldn't go pick it up at their distribution center, but even though I asked nicely, they wouldn't redeliver it, either.

UPS, you are on my shit list. If I don't get my package tomorrow, I will be very, very pissed.

UPS - D-

6 comments:

paultoes said...

i am thinking about becoming a UPS man. i like wearing tight, brown shorts and handling packages.

equippedtofascinate said...

Amanda, you sound stressed. I think you need some time with me to make everything better.

Chargenda said...

If Dave were your UPS guy you would have had that package by now!

Senora Fuerte said...

I think some California sun... I mean THUNDERSTORMS might do you some good... Awww, man!

Dustin Harder said...

i like paul wearing tight brown shorts and handling packages....nice.

packages can be a bitch. one time when paul and i lived in Atlanta my mom accidently sent a package to Mississippi....seriously? took us 4ever to get it back.

Feed Watcher said...

Sometimes if the value of the delivery is estimated at a certain level, signatures are required. Some online clothing stores use $200 as the cut-off point.

But an "adult" signature? What the hell is that? It must be something your dad agreed to without realizing.

I had a package waiting for me on my doorstep last night, and when I pulled up in the driveway a guy from our community's landscaper was standing on my sidewalk, looking at it. I scared the crap out of him when I caught him, I think.