Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It's a Girl! And Another Girl With More Normal Parents!

As I'm sure everyone has heard by now, Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise had their little baby yesterday morning. Her name is Suri. Let me go on record as saying I like the name Suri. And in a stunning coincedence, Brooke Shields, lambasted by Tom earlier this year for her battle with post-partum depression, had her baby yesterday, too, another little girl named Grier. Let me go on record as saying I love the name Grier.
Other blogs that I read have already begun calling this a battle of good vs. evil - Team Grier vs. Team Suri. Whose side are you on?

babies in general - A
silent birth - C
Brooke having another baby even though it might make her crazy again - A+
the Battle of the Babies - A

5 comments:

Prunella Jones said...

I like the name Grier but not Suri. I also love the name Shirley after the Billy Bragg song "Greetings to the New Brunette" but it is too grandmaish to give to a kid so it's what I call my dog.

paultoes said...

tom cruise sucks, so i hope grier kicks suri's ass.

Anonymous said...

I'm with paultoes, Tom is a dork so I hope Grier wins the battle.

equippedtofascinate said...

Let's not forget it isn't Suri's fault her parents are a bunch of jackasses. I can just see the Dateline in 20 years when Suri and Grier do an interview saying how they wish their parents could just get along. Hopefully, Tom and Katie will die before then though.

Anonymous said...

I am on the Suri wagon because a: This baby is going to need lots of friends and b: I know two girls named Grier and they both suck.

Go go gadget Suri!