Friday, April 14, 2006

And Speaking of Augusten Burroughs...

His new book, Possible Side Effects, comes out May 2nd. I am super excited! I still don't own Magical Thinking, because I can't afford hardback books and I just haven't gotten around to buying it since it came out in paperback - but I'll go to the library on May 3rd and check out Possible Side Effects for sure, and then haunt Borders for six months until it comes out in paperback.

I love Augusten Burroughs. I alluded to a top twenty books of all time, and Sellevision is for sure in the top ten. Dry and Running with Scissors are probably in the top 50. I think he's so clever and horrifying all at once.

Possible Side Effects - I - I haven't read it, so can I say for sure?
Augusten Burroughs - A+

2 comments:

RC said...

Is this book also a memoir...almost done w/ running w/ scissors...just got 50 or so pages left plan on blogging about the book on a few points next week.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

Chargenda said...

yeah, i love sellevision better than the memoirs as well! can't wait.