Tuesday, April 11, 2006

A Little More Personal

I don't take a shower every day. Why should I? I don't do anything to get really dirty or stinky. It's bad for my skin, and bad for my hair. Plus, I think it's a waste of time. See, I'm a long showerer. I could easily spend over half an hour in the shower, if the hot water would last that long. I just can't justify spending that long in the shower every day. If there's a special occasion, or if I happen to get really dirty, I'll shower two days in a row, but otherwise, not gonna happen. I know that social conventions say that I'm in the wrong, that I should conform to the norm and shower every day, and maybe someday I will. It's just that that day isn't coming soon. And I'm okay with that.

my showering habits - A-
(anyone who thought I was going to be talking about Lindsay Lohan - A+)

7 comments:

equippedtofascinate said...

You never smell bad or lucky dirty, so it's fine. I have to shower at least once a day, if not twice a day because I smell like nasty animal chach.

Dustin Harder said...

you're pretty...even dirty.

Anonymous said...

I shower EVERY day...I mean EVERY. Nope--that has nothing to do with hygiene concerns, but that that's the ONLY time I get 8.5 minutes to my self. (and only if I dead-bolt the bathroom door.)
Have we determined what "chach" is yet??

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I don't shower every day either. I've never had any complaints.

Casey said...

I usually shower every day, unless I decide to be a total bum and not go outside ... then I will stayin bed all day or lay on the couch and NOT shower.

Unfortunately, work sometimes has me showering 3 or 4 times a day. UGH!

TSL said...

Check out George Carlin's little commentary on it... basically, you only have to clean the four key areas: armpits, bum, crotch, and teeth. And you can save yourself even more time by using the same brush on all four areas.

Anonymous said...

count me in the every other day crowd, too, Amanda. I started trying it after Ryan was born and I found better uses for that 20 minutes in the shower, but it's amazing how much less my dry skin and dry hair are a problem when I'm not soaking them in super-hot water every single day. Of course, if I mow the lawn or something, that's different, but you're not alone!