Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Prestige

One of the pitfalls of working at a movie theater is, when you have free time to see movies, the last thing you want to do is go back to the theater. Also, it's hard to reconcile myself to paying for movies, when I have free (and really good) ones at my disposal every day. So I have to be really excited about a movie to spend my day off at the theater, and even more excited to actually pay to watch a movie.

Which brings me to The Prestige. I saw a trailer for this movie several weeks ago and thought, Yep, that's one to pay for. I definitely wasn't disappointed.

To tell you much about The Prestige would give everything away, because the whole plot of the movie is secrets. Let's just say that it's a movie about magic, about friends who become rivals and then mortal enemies, and how their lives intertwine. It's a movie with lots of twists - at point, I thought to myself "I totally saw that coming," but the last five - or even three - minutes completely blew me away. I'm still thinking about it. It's definitely a repeat watcher. Not an Oscar contender, but highly entertaining and though-provoking.

As an added bonus, the mulitplex LOWERED THEIR PRICES. Nate and I got in for fifteen bucks. The last time we paid for a movie, it was $18.50. Thanks, Goodrich!

The Prestige - B+

No comments: