Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Top Five

In no particular order, here are my top five things of the day:

107one - the quintessential Ann Arbor radio station. What I love about 107one is, truly, the variety. I like listening to the radio. The car I drove for about seven years didn't have a tape deck or CD player, so I got very accustomed to listening to the radio whilst in the car, and I developed a love for pop music. However, sometimes I don't want to hear the same damn pop songs over and over. 107one is really my kind of station. They play a lot of pop, but they also play a lot of REM, Indigo Girls, Tori Amos, and bands that are flying under the radar of mainstream radio stations. It's a little pretentious, sure, but the music selection is mighty fine.

YouTube - wanna see the theatrical trailer for almost any movie playing now or from the last five years? YouTube. Have a craving to see all of the Cosby Show intros? YouTube. Interested to see how people with way too much time on their hands make use of digital video equipment and the Internet? YouTube. I don't know what I'll look for next - there's a world of possibilities.

Money - I have a little bit right now, and my life is easier. Not only is it easier, it's prettier. I am going to get a manicure and pedicure tomorrow, things I haven't done in a really long time.

America's Next Top Model - I am so totally into this show, it's not funny. I have been thinking about it all week. Since I haven't watched a whole season (or as ANTM likes to call them, "cycle") from the beginning, now I understand what the big deal is. This show is insane. First of all, some of the girls aren't even pretty. Second, it shows the dark side of a bunch of divas living in one house together, competing for a prize. It's definitely a cushy version of "Survivor." Finally, everyone knows that models are crazy, and now we get to see aspiring ones develop that craziness. It's sick and gross and I love it.

This picture.

Everything gets an A.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her dress is certainly "wispy"

TSL said...

I can't believe I've seen an entire cycle of America's Next Mediocre Model and you haven't. What is the world coming to. Who am I living with?!!!!

amanda said...

My sister-in-law's dad is a dentist.

Peach said...

Having money IS nice. :)
YouTube does rule.
And, that pic is super kewl.

Peach said...

BTW, Sick Soccer Freestyle and the kid playing Canon in D on electric guitar are definitely worth watching on YouTube.

queenb2u said...

Since I haven't had a TV for such a long time, you'll have to catch me up a little when I come to visit. Especially YouTube.

Anonymous said...

Just for clarification, wispy didn't mean bad. It just meant wispy.