Monday, June 12, 2006

A Prairie Home Companion

I saw A Prairie Home Companion over the weekend (oh, the perks of my job). I could say a lot about it, but if you're not a fan of the radio show, you won't really care. If you are a fan of the radio show, you'll like the movie.
A quick interpretation: Lily Tomlin - she was basically perfect; Maya Rudolph - wonderful, but needed to be in it more; Kevin Kline - fabulous; the sound effects guy -horribly underused, but you've never laughed until you've heard a peacock fighting a Rottweiler; the heavy-set female banjo player - I want to be her when I grow up; Lindsay Lohan - surprisingly good.
PHC is not as good as Gosford Park, but Robert Altman again delivers a film with overlapping dialogue and overlapping story lines. Yay for Robert Alman.

A Prairie Home Companion - B+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear the constant reviews of "if you know the radio show, you'll like it." That makes me certain, I need to see it..... By the way... I'll be in MI the second half of July... where will you be?