Monday, June 19, 2006

Mr. Stadium

Interesting things about Mr. Stadium:
- Mr. Stadium was voted Best Laundromat by the Detroit News
- Kevin Costner wore a Mr. Stadium t-shirt in "The Upside of Anger"
- Mr. Stadium isn't actually located on Stadium Blvd.

I don't think I've ever had so much laundry to do, so today, rather than spend six or seven hours doing one load at a time, I loaded up all my dirty clothes and drove to Mr. Stadium, the hottest laundromat in all the land. The prices were reasonable, and I got all my laundry done in about two hours, but it wasn't the best time I've had recently. By the time I was ready to pull out my first load of clothes, I had just finish prepping my sixth, with two more loads to go. One of the things I enjoy about a laundromat is the down time, where you can peruse the old magazines or play pinball. But today, there was just too much laundry. Plus, I really didn't want to take up eight washers, so I pulled out loads 1 and 2 and used those washers for loads 7 and 8. It was just too much of a process, and I really wanted to sit down and quit focusing on all the clothes.

There's a lesson to be learned here: don't wait so long to do the stupid laundry, but if you do, Mr. Stadium is there to help.

Mr. Stadium - B+
eight loads of laundry - C-

1 comment:

Dustin Harder said...

I actually have a washing machine in the room next to my room this summer, It's so strange I dont even know what to think of it.