Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Steve Nash

I don't know why I am so intrigued by Steve Nash. I don't know anything about him. I don't like pro basketball. I don't like long hair on guys. I wasn't even sure who he played for until I saw this picture. The first time I saw him was in a TNT ad for the NBA playoffs, and I thought, My, that man looks like his name should be Drago Milosovic or something equally Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian. And then I discovered that not only was his name the totally caucasian Steve Nash, but he's Canadian! He loves soccer! Gandhi is his hero! So, Steve Nash. I am compelled to know more about him, even though I have no reason to.

Steve Nash - B+

10 comments:

equippedtofascinate said...

Perhaps you should find a hobby to occupy all your free time.

bethro said...

he looks weird to me . .

Ashley said...

His hair is awful. Especially once he's all sweaty from the game (which generally is all the time that he is appearing on national television) it gets all stringy and gross and nasty mc nast. Which sounds a lot like "Nash." Coincidence? I think no.

Ashley said...

OH, but he IS an amazing basketball player. And he's white. And from Canada. I think what makes him so intriguing is the fact that these things don't seem to go together.

patrick said...

1. Steve Nash is an outspoken critic of the Bush regime.

2. Steve Nash stood up to a belligerent Kobe Bryant, and then eliminated his team from the playoffs.

3. Steve Nash used to bang Elizabeth Hurley.

This is why Steve Nash is my personal MVP.

Chargenda said...

4. Steve Nash is Mike's cousin.

amandarama said...

No... really? Are you joking?

patrick said...

I have no actual comment to make, it's just that as I was checking in, I saw that the word verification script read "tarqhulf," a word frequently uttered after many a cast party.

Aaron said...

Funny how you wouldn't give a damn abou this guy if his name was Drago Milosovic or if he was Serbian/Bosnian/Croatian. Telling, even.

Racist.

amandarama said...

That's where you're wrong, Aaron - it was his possible ethnicity that intrigued me long before I knew his name. Croats are sexy.