Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Body Maintenance

Yesterday was a good day for a little body maintenance. I got a desperately needed haircut, using yet another coupon from the Newcomers Club - my hair's a little shorter than I wanted, but it really needed it to get the crazy differing lengths back to approximately the same length. My new hairdresser, Darlene, made a very astute observation: we wear our hair every day. Think about it. A good haircut is so much more important than new clothes!
I also joined the YMCA yesterday. The Ann Arbor Y is top-notch. The facility is brand new and really close to my apartment, and I need to do something about my flabby arms. I will try not to turn this into a blog about weight loss, but I'll keep you posted on my progress.
As some of you already know, I'm also doing a colon cleanse this week, and it's awesome. I won't share all the details with you, but I started with some pills, and now I've moved to the drink, which is a mixture of flax seed,apple pectin, slippery elm, and clay and charcoal. I expect to be slim and fabulous and have better skin, and a healthier colon, because of Dr. Schulze's Intestinal Formula. It's working so far - I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

haircut - B+
YMCA - A
colon cleanse - B- (well, it's a little yucky!)

average body maintenance grade - B

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOA!! That name is close to my maiden name!! COOL!!

Summer

Chargenda said...

Ooh, I want to do the colon cleanser. Send me an e-mail and tell me more.

Natalie said...

Slippery elm?! Eeesh!

amanda's brother said...

Wouldn't it be cool if there were such a thing as Colon Candles? You could jam that thing...oh. Never mind.

PNSexplosion said...

Amanda-- i need more details. you can't just tease me like that.

szarqahe said...

details! I want some of that stuff. I feel the need to detoxify.

Timmy D said...

Agreed. We need a full report on the entire cleansing process.

mama kay said...

Wow ... good for you!
Sounds like a pretty momentous day!
I had to laugh when I read what Darlene said about hair .. so true, but as a SAHM I just don't pay any attention to it anymore -- it used to be a focal point!
Thank you so much for you words of encouragement on my blog yesterday.
I do need a friend/partner that I can confide it, and right now it is much easier to have one that can't actually see me ... lol!
The colon stuff sounds gross, gross, gross ... but you just rock right on girl! :O) mamakraft

Dustin J. Harder said...

you still have coupons left!