Sunday, December 03, 2006

Jesus Wants You To Do Your Homework

Why do businesses close early on Sundays? It's dumb. I'm OK with the opening-late part of Sunday. Give people some time to worship, that's cool. Or, if you're going to close early, close really early, like 5 PM, like the mall. But who decided it was acceptable to close down an hour early on Sunday? We do that where I work, and it confuses people. Earlier this evening, I needed to get ink for my printer and some paper, so I went to Best Buy. It was 8:05. They were closed. Closed at 8 PM! Every other day of the week, Best Buy is open until 9 or 10. I was annoyed. I was still able to run in, buy my ink and paper, and dash out, probably because I told my "I need ink" sob story to the lady at the front door. Thanks, Best Buy lady.

Why do places do this? I really don't understand. It can't really have anything to do with church - church is long over by 8 PM. It seems like a good idea, to give people some time at home with their families, or catch up on homework, but when you need to buy something that will make you able to do your homework, closing early is no good.

closing early on Sunday - C-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make good points here. Let me add this question, why can you not buy liquor on Sundays in Arkansas? I never understood that rule. As if you can't buy your liquor on Saturday then drink it on Sunday. Also, why are there dry counties?? Why do I have to drive 20 minutes to find a liquor store?? I'm not an alcoholic really, I just want to be able to purchase wine on a Sunday when I'm on my way through a wet county, as I'm coming home from church. Is this too much to ask??? I feel like I took over here. I apologize.

Frannie Farmer said...

What kind of cracks me up is that the Christian books stores are closed, I mean it makes sense but you would think that they could make some serious dough on Sunday .. eople go to church, hear a good sermon and want to get something Bibleish ... but, nope - all of those stores are locked up tight.
Target seems to be the one store that is always open.
Ok, and I soo want to know what Chik-Fil-A is. I keep reading about it and I need to know! Yes, I could look it up, but where's the f-u-n in that?