Friday, November 04, 2005

Stamps

I love stamps. There are so many sweet stamps available for purchase, I hardly know which ones to buy. I like my stamps to look good on my envelopes - I'm currently using these babies with the lovely flower. There's enough white in the stamp to look good on a colored envelope, yet enough color to look good on a white envelope. Yes, I consider these things. You got a problem with that?

I wish stamps weren't so expensive. I remember back in the '80s when stamps were just 20 cents apiece. I would send so many more letters and cards if stamps were less expensive. Plus, why do they have to be such a crazy amount? 37 cents? Please! That number's not divisible by anything! It's a prime number! No stamp should come in a denomination you absolutely have to use pennies to buy.

Stamps - A-

7 comments:

Chargenda said...

I just fell asleep reading that post. You just reviewed stamps...zzz...

amandarama said...

Would you rather I reviewed the food poisioning Nate and I had last night? 'Cause I can.

lisa said...

They just announced that the price of stamps is going up to 39 cents! Boo!

equippedtofascinate said...

I had food poisoning once. I won't go into details though, it was pretty gross.
Wow, my word verification is insane. zirgp, fun, but the letters are really wide and all run together. I can barely read it.

Dustin J. Harder said...

I aqgree, being out on the road I have been better at sending stuff and enjoy doing it but paying for stamps is a bitch....did Lisa seriously say they were going up to 39 cents?

lisa said...

Yes, 39 cents! I saw it on the Today Show....

BTW, this was my 'word': quqqohqa

Ashley said...

I believe they care less about what an actual individual stamp is divisable by than what the cost of the book will be when the cost of an individual stamp is multiplied by 20.

Ouch. 39 cents. That hurts.