Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cannonball Read - Book 34

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt was not what I was expecting. Originally, I thought it was some sort of fiction mystery/horror novel. Not so - turns out it's a combination travelogue/true crime story. Yep, that's a weird combo, but this book is really pretty amazing. This writer goes to Savannah, Georgia, and meets some wacky people, but then there's a murder (I can't say more, because that would be too revealing) and then things get REALLY weird.
I'm very behind in my blogging, and have read several books since I finished MITGOGAE, so it's not as fresh in my memory as I'd like as I write about it. But it's stuck with me, and I think it'd stick with you, too. Definitely one to check out.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - A-

No comments: