Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Time Marches On

Since my 30th birthday last year, I have been more acutely aware of the passage of time. Seasons still move at the same perceived pace, I don't feel myself aging (although I do have some seriously creaky joints), but what I notice is how things that happened a long time ago seem to have just taken place yesterday.

Example: it was FIFTEEN YEARS AGO TODAY that little Nancy Kerrigan was clubbed by that big meanie Tonya Harding. OK, Tonya didn't actually club Nancy... and what did Nancy ever do to her except have big teeth and skate well in a pretty dress? Nothing, I tell you. And Nancy still won a silver medal and Tonya broke a skate lace and cried to the judges and left in disgrace. And then became a boxer. Way to come out on top, Harding.

growing old - B- (why? why?)

No comments: