Friday, July 29, 2005

Charlie



This is my friend Charlie. I owe a lot to Charlie. He helped get me hooked on REM, and we've seen them in concert together three times. We also used to smoke cigarettes together - you may not think I should thank him for this, but at the time, I really enjoyed it. I also need to thank Charlie for being half of the pair that enables me to tell this story: I never kissed my 6th grade boyfriend or my 8th grade boyfriend, but they kissed EACH OTHER at the 8th grade boyfriend's sister's wedding reception about five years after he was my boyfriend. Finally, because I thought Charlie's blog was so cool, I decided to start my own. If it weren't for him, you wouldn't be reading this today.

Charlie is very cool. He has great taste in gifts, he always calls me when he's on his way home from a night at the bar, and he lets me stay at his apartment when I am passing through Chicago (even thought his cats make me sneeze). Charlie works for the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery - if you want to know anything about boob jobs, he's your man. The only thing I don't like about Charlie is where he lives. Chicago is fun, but it's too far away and it's very hard to find parking.

Charlie Baase - A-.

2 comments:

Chargenda said...

Finding parking is really easy in my hood! I think Charlie is great, too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Chargenda is so good!