Monday, April 07, 2008

Hugs

I love hugs. I really do. I think that there are very few day-to-day problems that couldn't be solved by hugging it out. If you and I have any kind of friendly relationship, even if it's a friendly business relationship, I guarantee that we will hug before our time together is through. I offer hugs to many of my co-workers (some enjoy it more than others, and I feel that has more to do with my sizable chest than the closeness of our relationship) and the people I work with on an occasional basis, if I don't see them very often.
I've heard that a friend-of-a-friend doesn't like hugs. I don't understand this. If I ever meet said FoF, I will probably hug her, not only to see what happens, but because I can't help myself. I'm a hugger.
One summer, I worked at a camp where we instructed that hugs between campers and counselors could not last longer than ten seconds. At first, many of us thought that this was ridiculous... but then we timed it out. Ten seconds is a long damn hug. We were also told not to touch campers on the knee. I still haven't figured that one out.

hugs - A

3 comments:

Meggie Cramer said...

I get to hug you in FOUR days.

singlegirlsnewyear said...

Can I touch YOUR knee?

Who was it who told us that? Roxie? Jon? Bev? I just don't remember anymore. Must be because I'm getting old.

Pugs said...

There are some people I work with that I would TOTALLY not want to get hugged by. 2 I can think of right away: One has had to be "counselled" on their lack of hygiene and the other wears so much make up that she leaves streak marks on everything. Gross.