Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Half Nelson

I am bad at Netflix. I had Half Nelson sitting at home for almost a month before I watched it. Good thing there are no late fees (thanks, Netflix).

I didn't hate Half Nelson, but I didn't love it. It was very well-acted, and for a movie without a real plot, I found it interesting, but it made me uncomfortable. Maybe that's the point - it's about a crack-smoking teacher, after all - but I found the teacher-student relationship inappropriate to the point that I was distanced from watching the movie for the movie's sake. I could only think "A teacher would never do that, even if he's a crackhead." The unrealistic parts sort of overshadowed the realistic parts for me.

Half Nelson - B

1 comment:

Meggie Cramer said...

I need your address so I can send you your birthday present! Either that or I'll wait when you come for graduation. You're going to come for graduation, RIGHT? Mmmm....think of the Chicago-Style deep dish pizza and Eli's cheesecake (or key lime pie, we're not sure yet, any opinion?). Plus, A PRESENT! From the foreign, far away land of COSTA RICA! :)
Miss your face.
<3 MC