Thursday, November 30, 2006

Saturday

Otherwise known as wedding # 45!

Saturday was Dad and Barbara's wedding, and it was lovely. For all the weddings I've attended, I've never been to an at-home wedding, and lucky me, I got to sit down in the front row. Those other poor saps had to stand - HA! The ceremony was nice and short, probably because of said poor saps. The bride wore black, which is hot.

After the ceremony, there was tiny feasting and revelry. With an at-home ceremony and reception, there's no way to do a big sit down dinner with hours of dancing afterward, so the revelry was more along the lines of hearty hors d'ouevres and chatting. I liked it, though. As much as I love the big hoo-ha, something a little more intimate is refreshing. Plus, I knew just about everyone there: cousins, Dad's work people, former neighbors, so there was only a little awkward staring and asking "Who's that?"

Oh, and the cake was sublime. For real. It was definitely the best wedding cake I have EVER had. And remember, I've been to 45 weddings. The cake itself was a delicious moist white cake with a nice little raspberry ribbon holding the two layers together, but what made this cake so incredible was the frosting. It was perfect. You know how most wedding cakes have that gross chewy fondant frosting that looks really beautiful but tastes like ass? Not this cake! No sirree! This frosting was impeccable, the right amount of creamy vs. the right amount of sugary. I could have eaten this cake all day.

The bride and groom, looking all sassy and casual a few hours afer the wedding.
















My sister-in-law, the sinner.
















My brother, the saint.





Dad and Barbara - A

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of the cake!! Cake is my vice and you are making me so jealous!

Senora Fuerte said...

Oh, Amanda, what will Tom and Cathy think of me now?

Lord. Lord almighty. I need a drink!

:)

Anonymous said...

See, if you look closely, you can see that my "prayer" hands actually contain a pair of devil horns. I rawk.

equippedtofascinate said...

I want to meet your sister-in-law(the sinner).

Frannie Farmer said...

Lovely!