Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Let The Countdown Begin

Tonight is the first night of the top 13 on American Idol... which means that, in less than four months, So You Think You Can Dance will be back on! YAY!!! I LOVE this show. It rules my life in the summer. I tolerate other reality shows (not you, Project Runway, you're in a class by yourself... come back to us!) but I adore SYTYCD. Have you watched it? If you have, we can stay friends. If you haven't... well, you really should, because otherwise we'll have nothing to talk about from June to September.

Here are a few videos to get you started:

Katee and Will's pas de deux. I can't abide David Archuleta, but this a beautiful piece by two of last season's best dancers.


Sabra and Neil's jazz piece from season 3. Out of control. Their paso doble that night was ridiculously good, but there's no good video of it. If you find one, let me know.


Sara and Jesus, also from season 3. So good. So very very good.


Hok's hands. Jaimie's feet. Sigh.

There's more where that came from - I can't wait for season five!

So You Think You Can Dance - A+

4 comments:

Senora Fuerte said...

YEAH!!!! We can stay friends! These videos are some of my absolute favorites as well. I can't wait to introduce Baby Strong to this show. 13 weeks away, huh? I'll make it.

Hok was part of the crew that just won America's Best Dance Crew last week, along with Dominic and Ryan from Season 1 (I think. He was the guy that could do a back flip and land on his head). It was like watching old friends. And while I will not be watching Dancing with the Stars, I'm happy to see that Chelsie Hightower and Dimitri Chaplin have joined Lacey Schwimmer as ballroom professionals. I'd rather watch them dance without their Stars.

singlegirlsnewyear said...

Casey and I were just talking about this the other day. You can stay friends with both of us (I brought her to the light!). I can't wait for it either--it is DEFINITELY the highlight of the summer (apart from Central Park sitting, of course).

Anonymous said...

SYTYCD is really the only reality competition show I'm into, mainly because it requires talent that you can't fake. You can be pretty good at karaoke and succeed on "American Idol," but you have to be really, really good to get anywhere on "So You Think..." You picked a couple of my favorite numbers from years past, but I'd have to add "Rama Lama Bang Bang" (the zombie prom routine) and "SexyBack" (with Benji, Donyelle, Heidi, and Travis from a couple of seasons ago.) Also, as a music clearance professional, I am amazed at some of the music choices they make.

Word verification: "graze."

Bethro said...

Oh man do I love me some So You Think You Can Dance!! I can't wait for it to come back on!