Monday, January 21, 2008

Oscar Nomination Predictions

UPDATE - I achieved 78% accuracy. Not great for a pregnancy test, but pretty good for Oscar predictions. If you factor in my runners-up, I had 88% accuracy. Wheeee!



Whether or not there's an Oscar ceremony on February 24, the time has come to make my predictions for who'll be nominated - because no matter what, Oscar noms are tomorrow morning. Here's what I think'll happen in the big eight categories.



Best Picture
Atonement
Juno
Michael Clayton
No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood
runner-up - Into the Wild
I wish - 300


Best Director
PT Anderson - There Will Be Blood
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen - No Country for Old Men
Sean Penn - Into the Wild
Julian Schnabel - The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Joe Wright - Atonement
runner-up - Ridley Scott - American Gangster
I wish - Tim Burton - Sweeney Todd

Best Actor
George Clooney - Michael Clayton
Daniel Day-Lewis - There Will Be Blood
Emile Hirsch - Into the Wild
Viggo Mortensen - Eastern Promises
Denzel Washington - American Gangster
runner up - Johnny Depp, Sweeney Todd
I wish - Simon Pegg, Hot Fuzz

Best Actress
Julie Christie - Away From Her
Marion Cotillard - La Vie En Rose
Angelina Jolie - A Mighty Heart
Keira Knightley - Atonement
Ellen Page - Juno
runner-up - Laura Linney, The Savages
I wish - Amy Adams, Enchanted

Best Supporting Actor
Casey Affleck - The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Javier Bardem - No Country for Old Men
Hal Holbrook - Into the Wild
Max von Sydow - The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Tom Wilkinson - Michael Clayton
runner-up - Philip Seymour Hoffman, Charlie Wilson's War
I wish - Tommy Lee Jones, No Country for Old Men

Best Supporting Actress
Cate Blanchett - I'm Not There
Catherine Keener - Into the Wild
Amy Ryan - Gone Baby Gone
Saoirse Ronan - Atonement
Tilda Swinton - Michael Clayton
runner-up - Ruby Dee, American Gangster
I wish - Kelly MacDonald, No Country for Old Men

Best Original Screenplay
Brad Bird, Ratatouille
Diablo Cody, Juno
Tony Gilroy, Michael Clayton
Tamara Jenkins, The Savages
Nancy Oliver, Lars and the Real Girl
runner-up - Judd Apatow, Knocked Up

Best Adapted Screenplay
PT Anderson, There Will Be Blood
Joel and Ethan Coen, No Country for Old Men
Christopher Hampton, Atonement
Ronald Harwood, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Sean Penn, Into the Wild
runner-up - Aaron Sorkin, Charlie Wilson's War

So, we'll see.

my Oscar noms - incomplete until 8:30 AM










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three songs from "Enchanted." Zero songs from "American Gangster." Whatever the Oscar broadcast looks like this year, I won't be watching.