Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Breakfast

I have an anecdote: when I was in college, one Saturday morning before a football game, pre-game marching band practice was cancelled because it was raining heavily. My friend Katie & I decided to go out for breakfast, since we had extra time to kill. But we couldn't make decisions on what we wanted, 'cause everything sounded good. So we ordered EVERYTHING. Biscuits & gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, pancakes, hash browns, toast... OH MY GOD, SO MUCH FOOD. It was amazing. For about 15 minutes. And then we felt sick. I don't think I've ever eaten as much food in one sitting as I did that morning at Stoby's.

Breakfast isn't just the most important meal of the day, it's also my favorite. Maybe it's because I eat the same thing 9 days out of 10 (bowl of cereal, cup of coffee), but when I get the opportunity to make a delicious breakfast selection, I have a really hard time. Savory or sweet? Is meat involved? Are eggs? Can I (or the good cook who lives with me) prepare it at home? I am usually the last person to order when it's a restaurant breakfast meal, and more often than not, I make a snap decision... uhhh, BLUEBERRY PANCAKES! And even though I never regret my decision, I always look longingly across the table at the omelette/cinnamon roll/Eggs Benedict my dining mates have selected.

Breakfast - B+



No comments: