Friday, September 14, 2007

Jumpers

I'm not really into jumpers. I used to be, when I was 11 or 12, but now, I kind of think they're a copout - not quite a dress, because you have to wear something underneath, but not sweatpants, and yet they're comfy because you don't have constricting waistbands. I think my biggest problem with jumpers is the cute factor. Jumpers are inherently cute - there's usually a floral print, or plaid, or the top underneath has embroidered ladybugs or some such thing. Only kindergarten teachers should wear jumpers, because little kids need cute, bright colors on their teaches.

jumpers - C-

5 comments:

singlegirlsnewyear said...

Thankfully, there is a move away from the full silhouette in fashion, which means a move away from the jumper, which is inherently unattractive for most people.

You should see the women in NYC. Most of them are walking around in shapeless dresses.

queenb2u said...

I agree. Although, I have a very nice black linen jumper that I love. You're right,though, it is rather shapeless. No butterflies, daisies or birdies on it. I think the high waisted dresses were great for the over 50's crowd. It covered the waist and hips. But now, Goodwill doesn't even want them! I wonder if they will ever be back in style?

Anonymous said...

I like the shirt underneath the jumper in your picture. Not much into jumpers myself . . .

equippedtofascinate said...

I'm kind of scared that the jumper in your picture is on a manaquin outside. Who does that? Or is that just a realistic looking backdrop?

Frannie Farmer said...

Yep, I see jumper, I think teacher .. can't help it.
Plus, for me, I think they make ladies look potentially pregnant and Lord knows I have *done* that look quite enough, thank you very much!